Are You Planning To Move In The Next 1 - 12 Months??
The best way to get started is to invest about an hour of your time upfront & meet with me for a consultation. The consultation is all about saving time & getting clarity!
We will focus on exactly what your home buying needs are...once we're crystal clear on them, we will go shopping online together. The big benefit of this exercise is that we will be able to eliminate many properties just by seeing them online.
If I didn't see you personally to do this, I could very easily be dragging you around looking at homes that you know you won't like. It's very instructive for me as I can see what homes excite you & which ones you'd run from!
We will also determine what your home buying budget should be. I find that a lot of times my clients don't know exactly how much it will cost them, on a monthly basis, to run a house or condo.
It is so very important that we invest this time determining your 'comfort zone' before going out to look at properties...before it's too late! No-one wants to be living solely to pay their mortgage! I will be also be able to show you how much of a mortgage you will qualify for (using bank guidelines) & what your closing costs will be.
Many people find it hard to get started on the road to buying a home because there are so many “unknowns” that scare them into believing that moving is much harder than it really is.
By educating yourself as a consumer you’ll be able to make better choices that will lead to a purchase you'll be happier with in the long run. You’ll also find that by better understanding the topics we cover, you’ll be much more relaxed and confident when it comes time to buy.
Some of the topics we cover:
- Assess your financial/mortgage needs
- How to avoid buying in multiple offer situations
- Provide accurate information about current market conditions
- Help you understand the rapidly changing Canadian mortgage market
- Set realistic expectations on the property you will be able to buy given your budget and preferred areas
- Zero in on the areas that might be best suited to your finances and needs
- Set a realistic timetable for moving
- Learn about your rights as a real estate consumer
- Learn what obligations realtors owe you depending on how you decide to engage their services
- Learn about the entire buying process steps from A-Z
- How to increase your odds of winning when multiple offers are inevitable
Location: TBD and at a convenient location for you the buyer(s)
Please note that we will need to confirm this appointment with you in advance by phone.
If you would like to fill in the WishList and Mortgage Calculations forms in advance, click the links.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jason & Bernadette
Please indicate which report you want to receive.
We would like to make sure that we send you the right information
to help you in your current situation.
- If you are planning to make your move in the next 6 months or less, you'll need to organize yourself quickly. However, even within this short time frame, there are many issues you can address. Please order Report #1.
- If you think it will be longer than 6 months before you make a move, there are a greater number of issues you can address. Within this longer time frame, the choices that face you are a little broader. Please order Report #2.